The Expertise centre for Digital Media (EDM, www.edm.uhasselt. be) is a research institute of Hasselt University in Belgium. The research team of about 80 people performs scientific research in 3 areas: computer graphics, human-computer interaction and multimedia & communication technology. In the context of a FWO research project, Hasselt University calls for candidates for the following vacant position (m/f) in EDM:
PhD Scholarship human-computer interaction (2×2 years)
The PhD research will be performed in the research group human-computer interaction (HCI) of EDM. Relevant research domains covered in HCI research at EDM are:
* technologies and tools for the realisation of user interfaces for ubiquitous computing;
* model-based development of interactive applications;
* context-aware, distributed and migratable user interfaces.
The fundamental research project is carried out in the domain of model-based development of user interfaces. The use of models and their transformations are the central concepts in this project. The PhD research consists of the investigation of different aspects of the HCI modeling languages for context-sensitive interactive applications and their place within model-driven engineering. Properties of model transformations, such as correctness, are investigated through formalization of the used models.
Master in computer science, licence in (applied) computer science, civil engineer computer science or equivalent. Students who will complete their studies during the summer, are strongly invited to apply.
* Content job responsibilities:
* Prof. dr. Karin Coninx +32-11-26 84 11, karin.coninx@ uhasselt. be
* Prof. dr. Kris Luyten +32-11-26 84 11, kris.luyten@ uhasselt. be
* Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Jef Vanvoorden, 011-26 80 80, jef.vanvoorden@ uhasselt. be
Applicants must use the official application forms
* which are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan – building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 – 11 – 26 80 03
* or which can be downloaded here http://www.uhasselt .be/download/ APengelsUH. doc
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than Friday, August 1st 2008.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: jobs@uhasselt. be.